Made my first attempt at upgrading this afternoon. It did not go well.
Good news I was able to recover 1.5.12 in very short order.
There were a few documentation issues. for example the documentation
tells you to
After daemon-reload it tells you the start
which is none of the above. It only took a minutes to ensure myself that
this was a typo and not clever coding. :-)
When I started starman I had numerous errors primarily not being able to
find files. I suspect the problem is an encoded assumption that the
ledgersmb is located in /usr/local/ledgersmb. Mine is in /opt/ledgersmb.
Recovery back to 1.5.12 was easy do. I did that so the nightly backup
will catch the operational system.
I'll take another run at it tomorrow morning.