Today, I've updated our Roadmap page (https://ledgersmb.org/content/roadmap).
This is just a heads up, letting you know the most important edits:
* Moved the item about a function to implement checks during database
migration to "in progress"
* Removed the "Done" items (after all, this is a roadmap: looking ahead)
* Removed the "Decrease installation size" item: our Docker images are less
than 250MB; that sounds like a nice target size.
Let me know in case more edits are appropriate, but I missed them.
http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.
A lot of Perl modules need to be imported into OpenBSD
in order for it to be installable.
I plan on asking for help to do this from OpenBSD users.
It seems like LedgerSMB would now be a good import with
all of the development of testing, etc.
Are there any big changes on the immediate horizon for
I'm not running LedgerSMB because of the work that needs
to be done first.
As a side note, I am working on getting the forums back up,
but $$ are a bit of a problem right now. Trying to find a
baremetal server outside of the USA that I can afford hasn't
been successful so far. I found one, but they charge $30 for
remote access for 24 hours. I can't afford $90 a month, which
is most of what I am finding.
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [ledgersmb-devel] Adding to OpenBSD. Is this a good time
> From: David G <lsmbdev(a)sbts.com.au>
> Date: Tue, December 19, 2017 6:16 pm
> To: devel(a)lists.ledgersmb.org
> Hi Chris,
> What software was running the forums, and how much disk space does the
> current data use?
> I have a server running on google cloud that I can look at adding a
> container to.
> David G
Thanks, but I found a server that should be OK.
I'm just waiting for the hardware to be set up
and I can get stuff installed!
I'm using mwforum which is no longer under active
It has an addon to turn incoming mail into posts.
I've never had any security problems with it.
There were a few troll bots that registered, but
that was a long time ago and wasn't a big problem.
I do a few strange things with the incoming mail
to not lose anything when the forum or PostgreSQL
My main concern is that I have lost all of the recent
mail for months now. If there is a way to get the mail
sent again to add it to the database, that would be
great, but the move away from Sourceforge also happened. Worst case
might be best just to restart the
mail boards from scratch starting when I get everything
running again. I was already considering trying to
trim off the old mail anyway since the database dumps
were getting pretty large.
Perhaps a couple of emails that sum up what's going on
and what has been done would be the simplest way to
solve the missing emails.
I could make these sticky posts at the top of the boards for each
Thanks for the offer, hopefully I will get everything
up and running in a few days.
An initial version of the debian package for ledgersmb-1.5 for
version 1.5.14-1 has been released and uploaded to our apt package
repository for 'main' in stretch.. It has also been uploaded to our
PPA, for 'artful' (v17.10) as well as 'xenial (v16.04). (The debian
source packages are available as well.)
Note also that an issue installing from the PPA for Xenial has
been resolved, but still if anyone has any issues please let us know.
The packages at both our apt package repository and our PPA:
Robert J. Clay
GPG ID: 2448 3AE0 874D 8696 6DCD ECF4 198C AB6F 43B7 EA9A.
The LedgerSMB development team is happy to announce yet another new
version of its open source ERP and accounting application. This release
contains the following fixes and improvements:
Changelog for 1.5.14
* Post (instead of save) transaction on depreciation approval (Erik H)
* Fix role prefix set on copied databases from setup.pl (Erik H, #3219)
* Fix argument names due to move to PGObject::Util::DBAdmin (Erik H)
* Fix posting of vendor invoice fails with vendor-price in parts (Erik H, #3081)
* Fix example Apache config file's SSLRequireSSL directive (Erik H, #3272)
* Fix invoice shows fewer $decimalplaces than configured (Erik H, #3271)
* Fix upgrade code using db transactions incorrectly (Erik H, #3289)
* Improve 'in progress' feedback by fading submitted content (Erik H, #3283)
* Add visual feedback to form input validation in setup.pl (Erik H)
* Implement checks for correct loading of sql/modules/ files (Erik H)
* Correct Roles.sql and PriceMatrix.sql loading errors (Erik H)
* Fix 'uninitialized variable' warnings on database creation (Erik H, #3266)
* Find part number on invoice/order by substring; was prefix (Erik H, #3266)
* Find part description on invoice/order by substring; was 'full text' (Erik H)
* Change part search on invoice/order to be case insensitive (Erik H, #3266)
Erik H is Erik Huelsmann
For installation instructions and system requirements, see
The release can be downloaded from our download site at
The release can be downloaded from GitHub at
Or pulled from Docker Hub using the command
$ docker pull ledgersmb/ledgersmb:1.5.14
These are the sha256 checksums of the uploaded files: