An initial version of the debian ledgersmb-1.6 package version for
LedgerSMB v1.6.10 has been created and uploaded to our PPA, for
Ubuntu 'disco' (v19.04) and 'cosmic' (v18.10) as well as for 'bionic'
(v18.04 LTS). (The debian source packages are available as well.)
The packages at our PPA:
Only the main 'ledgersmb-1.6' package is required; the others are
related to which web proxy you might want to use and you only need one
of them. (They depend on their respective web proxy applications and
attempt to do at least some setup for them.)
Note that I haven't created a ledgersmb-1.6 package yet at our apt
package repository for Debian 'Buster' (which is expected to be
Debian v10) as that Debian version has not yet been released. It is,
however, expected later this year so if people would like that I start
making it available as well, please let me know.
Robert J. Clay
GPG ID: 2448 3AE0 874D 8696 6DCD ECF4 198C AB6F 43B7 EA9A.
After the merge of the (improved) Multi Currency Support branch (MC
branch), we have released a preview version of LedgerSMB 1.7.0. It's not
feature complete yet, but is intended as a general sense of direction for
the 1.7.0 release and a way to solicit feedback.
Note that you should run this version *only* on a *copy* of your database;
this version is NOT intended for production use.
The full changelog for 1.7.0 so far is included below. The most important
feature by far is the improved multi currency support, which required quite
extensive changes to the software. As such, this is the feature we're
looking for feedback on most.
If you need help getting set up to test 1.7.0-alpha1, please let me know!
Changelog for 1.7 Series
* Deletion of template transactions (Nick P)
* Transaction date now part of purchase history report (Chris T)
* UI allows addition and removal of custom `account_link` flags (Nick P)
Improved foreign currency support
* Multiple rates per day per currency (Erik H)
- Reversing a transaction from a closed-period on a day with different
- Bank transfers with different banks on the same day with bank's fx rate
- Migration from systems which support per-transaction or per-line fx
* Multiple currencies in a single general ledger transaction (Erik H)
- Posting an opening balance with all currencies in 1 transaction
- Transferring between foreign currencies on e.g. Paypal in 1 transaction
* Fixed copying of invoice copies fx rate without option to change (Erik H)
* UI showing foreign and default currency amounts in transactions (Erik H)
* Expanded checks and resolutions for schema changes (Erik H)
* Testing infrastructure and tests for schema change checks (Erik H)
* Ensure correct dependency declaration (RequireExplicitInclusion critic
* POD documentation structure improvements, with automated checks (Erik H)
* Expanded BDD tests, including payments, batches and approval (Nick P)
* Removed deprecated 'custom table' and 'custom field' tables (Erik H)
* Reduce dependencies on deprecated LedgerSMB::App_State (Nick P)
* Simplified deprecated LedgerSMB::PGOld (Nick P)
* Remove unused LedgerSMB::DBObject and LedgerSMB::PGOld methods (Nick P)
* Remove unused configuration settings in ledgersmb.conf (Erik H)
* Further (compared to 1.6) reduction of warnings
* Implemented tests for LedgerSMB::File(::*) modules (Nick P)
* Template engine simplification by separation of UI and printed docs (Erik
* Consistent copyright notices - with tests - on all Perl files in lib/
* Request handling cleanup by mapping 'flat' POST data into hierarchy (Erik
Nick P is Nick Prater
Erik H is Erik Huelsmann
Chris T is Chris Travers
http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.
The LedgerSMB development team is happy to announce yet another new
version of its open source ERP and accounting application.
This release contains the following fixes and improvements:
Changelog for 1.6.10
* Apply correct layout to schema upgrade pages in setup.pl (Erik H)
* Fix iteration over row data provided in schema data fixes in setup.pl (Erik H)
* Fix schema upgrade with multiple failing checks looping infinitely (Erik H)
* Improve wording of correction instructions of schema check failure (Nick P)
* Respect tempdir when rendering ODS template (don't use current dir) (Nick P)
* Add user feedback when invoice needs recalculation before posting (Erik H)
Erik H is Erik Huelsmann
Nick P is Nick Prater
For installation instructions and system requirements, see
The release can be downloaded from our download site at
The release can be downloaded from GitHub at
Or pulled from Docker Hub using the command
$ docker pull ledgersmb/ledgersmb:1.6.10
These are the sha256 checksums of the uploaded files: