After the merge of the (improved) Multi Currency Support branch (MC
branch), we have released a preview version of LedgerSMB 1.7.0. It's not
feature complete yet, but is intended as a general sense of direction for
the 1.7.0 release and a way to solicit feedback.
Note that you should run this version *only* on a *copy* of your database;
this version is NOT intended for production use.
The full changelog for 1.7.0 so far is included below. The most important
feature by far is the improved multi currency support, which required quite
extensive changes to the software. As such, this is the feature we're
looking for feedback on most.
If you need help getting set up to test 1.7.0-alpha1, please let me know!
Changelog for 1.7 Series
* Deletion of template transactions (Nick P)
* Transaction date now part of purchase history report (Chris T)
* UI allows addition and removal of custom `account_link` flags (Nick P)
Improved foreign currency support
* Multiple rates per day per currency (Erik H)
- Reversing a transaction from a closed-period on a day with different
- Bank transfers with different banks on the same day with bank's fx rate
- Migration from systems which support per-transaction or per-line fx
* Multiple currencies in a single general ledger transaction (Erik H)
- Posting an opening balance with all currencies in 1 transaction
- Transferring between foreign currencies on e.g. Paypal in 1 transaction
* Fixed copying of invoice copies fx rate without option to change (Erik H)
* UI showing foreign and default currency amounts in transactions (Erik H)
* Expanded checks and resolutions for schema changes (Erik H)
* Testing infrastructure and tests for schema change checks (Erik H)
* Ensure correct dependency declaration (RequireExplicitInclusion critic
* POD documentation structure improvements, with automated checks (Erik H)
* Expanded BDD tests, including payments, batches and approval (Nick P)
* Removed deprecated 'custom table' and 'custom field' tables (Erik H)
* Reduce dependencies on deprecated LedgerSMB::App_State (Nick P)
* Simplified deprecated LedgerSMB::PGOld (Nick P)
* Remove unused LedgerSMB::DBObject and LedgerSMB::PGOld methods (Nick P)
* Remove unused configuration settings in ledgersmb.conf (Erik H)
* Further (compared to 1.6) reduction of warnings
* Implemented tests for LedgerSMB::File(::*) modules (Nick P)
* Template engine simplification by separation of UI and printed docs (Erik
* Consistent copyright notices - with tests - on all Perl files in lib/
* Request handling cleanup by mapping 'flat' POST data into hierarchy (Erik
Nick P is Nick Prater
Erik H is Erik Huelsmann
Chris T is Chris Travers
-- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.